Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Savandurga on sunny afternoon


Life was standstill for me when Bangladesh beat India in the opening match of 2007 world cup cricket. I wanted a break and refresh my mind from the shock, so on sunday afternoon I decided to explore Savandurga, a rocky place situated in between Magadi and Ramanagaram of Karnataka. I had been there couple of years back with my Web Spectrum friends, however I couldn't’t make it to the peak. This time was alone, I took my two wheelers for a lazy afternoon ride. I had just tucked in 1 liter of water bottle and a pound of bread in my bag along with a handy camera.
I left at around 1.15pm, the road was pretty calm, however it was dry though scenic with a view of other rocks situated on the way. It could be around 60kms from Bangalore. I reached savandurga at 3.00pm, I could see couple of enthusiastic college goers gathered at the foothills of Savandurga. The sky was crystal clear, I parked my two wheelers under the shade and headed towards the foothill. Its hardly 500mts of walk till you reach the base of the mighty rock. Aaah...what a pleasant look from the down, It can make anyone nervous. I was staring at the rock, it was sun bathing and welcoming the rock climbers with a challenging smile.I started to ascend the rock, well I could feel my feet getting heavier and body breathing faster. I stopped after 30 Min's of stretch. I had to rest under the sun soaked rock.
In the second stretch you could find some shades, the beauty of Ramanagara rocks are real treat for the eyes from here. After few Min's of breaks ( Snacks & Snaps ) I proceeded further and finally mantap, I could see a lake with quite greenish water in it.
To reach the peak you need to crawl and move under the mighty rocks. It's quite chilling experience for me as I was alone On reaching top one could see a beautiful nandi, and a magnificent view of the nearby rocks and a warm breeze healing your tiredness. I enjoyed the view and stayed till 5.00 PM roughly around an hour in the top. I heard that when its getting darker wild animals like Bear's and foxes would make their presence at the top. I started to descend at 5.05 PM and reached the base at 5.50PM. A trip to Savandurga would make any one's day a memorbale one.

1 comment:

Naina said...

Your oration skills are too good. It was like i had personally been there. Must say its quite an experience and Ill make sure that when i visit bangalore the next time..i will surely visit Savandurga...thanx for the good realisation...